By Mike Busch 9-18-18
Blue Island Oyster Company hosted its 3rd annual oyster festival on their property at the edge of the Great South Bay in West Sayville on Saturday.
The weather and nautical location were ideal for the sold out event with over 500 in attendance.
This event gets bigger and better every year with two massive tents, one offering fresh oysters and clams from 1o different oyster farmers and the other with live music and gourmet food from 10 local restaurants!
Oyster Farmers from 10 different farms kept busy shucking hundreds of delicious oysters all afternoon
– Genuine Blue Point | Islip, NY
– Powder Point | Duxbury, MA
– Kusshi | BC, Canada
– White Stone | Windmill Point, VA
– Silver Fox | Montauk, NY
– Thatch Island | Islip, NY
– Great Gun | Moriches, NY
– Stallion Oyster | Islip, NY
– Blue Pearls | Islip, NY
– Oysterponds | Orient Point, NY
– Naked Cowboy | Port Jefferson, NY
- A culinary tasting locally crafted and donated from 10 different restaurants
– Kingston’s Clam Bar | West Sayville, NY- South Shore Dive | West Sayville, NY
– Off The Block Kitchen & Meats | Sayville, NY
– Catch Oyster Bar | Patchogue, NY
– The Brixton | Babylon, NY
– Blue Island Oyster Bar | Denver, CO
– Cornucopia Natural Foods | Sayville, NY
– Grand Central Oyster Bar | New York, NY
– SoBol | Sayville, NY
– Julie’s Organic Ice Cream | Eugene, OR
- Special Guest Executive Chef Sandy Ingbar of Grand Central Oyster Bar | 12 pm – 2 pm
- Music all afternoon | Nick Russell, Soundswell, and the Lisa Polizzi Band
– Nick Russell Band 11:30 am to 12:40 pm
– Soundswell 1:15 pm to 2:30 pm
– Lisa Polizzi Band 2:50 pm to 4pm
- Blue Point Beer | Donated by Blue Point Brewery
- Proud Pour Wine | Donated by Blue Island Oyster Co.
- Subtle Tea | Donated by The Subtle Tea Co.
- Boxed Water | Donated by Boxed Water is Better
- Guided tours of the Blue Island Oyster Hatchery
The world-famous Naked Cowboy showed up for pictures and even jammed out with Soundwell for a few songs.
If you haven’t checked out this great event, stay tuned for details for next year’s event!
More Images on Pages 2,3, and 4