By Mike Busch
The Long Island Wildlife Photography group passed another milestone this week, surpassing 14000 members! Thanks to everyone that helps make this one of the best pages on social media.
Thanks to Jim Botta, we have put together about 90 images and videos this week which is only a small fraction of what is posted to the group. We have also had a lot of members reporting injured animals that need rescue lately and wondering who to call. Jim Botta put together a list of all the Long Island Rescue Organizations with their contact info under the file tab on the LIWL page here.
- http://www.dec.ny.gov/cfmx/extapps/sls_searches/index.cfm?p=live_rehab It contains up to date information on licensed wildlife rehabilitators in New York State. Select county, species category, and submit to receive information on rehabilitators by town who have opted to be publicly listed.
- WINORR Wildlife In Need Of Rescue & Rehabilitation www.facebook.com/pages/WINORR-Wildlife-In-Need-of-Rescue-and-Rehabilitation/113685721999067 To contact call 516-293-0587 • WINORR, 202 N. Wyoming Avenue, N. Massapequa , N.Y. 11758
- Sweetbriar Nature Center in Smithtown, NY.
https://www.sweetbriarnc.org/ Contact: (631) 979-6344 – 62 Eckernkamp Dr, Smithtown, NY 11787
- Save The Animals Rescue (STAR) www.savetheanimalsrescue.org 631-736-8207 • firstname.lastname@example.org Middle Island, NY 11953 Normal hours of operation are from Monday through Friday, approximately 9:00am – 5:00pm EST.
- Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Rescue Center www.wildliferescuecenter.org • Office: (631) 728-4200 • Hotline: (631) 728-WILD (9453) 228 W. Montauk Highway, Hampton Bays, NY 11946. The Evelyn Alexander Wildlife Rescue Center customer service department is open seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST.
- Veterinary Medical Center of Long Island (VMCLI) will take in injured birds (once the Star Foundation is called) http://www.vmcli.com 75 Sunrise Hwy West Islip, NY 11795-2033 • Phone: 631.587.0800
- The Riverhead Foundation for Marine Research and Preservation (Sea life) www.riverheadfoundation.org STRANDING HOTLINE 631.369.9829 • 467 East Main Street, Riverhead, NY 11901
- Volunteers for Wildlife www.volunteersforwildlife.org 194 Bayville Rd Unit A, Locust Valley, New York 11560 • Hours: Mon-Sun: 8:00 am-4:00 pm • Volunteers for Wildlife is a fully staffed wildlife rehabilitation center established in 1982. We strive to preserve Long Island’s wildlife through education and wildlife rehabilitation • Phone (516) 674-0982 • Email email@example.com
- Turtle Rescue of the Hamptons 631-779-3737 on call 24/7 www.turtlerescues.org Message via Facebook or website, we are always checking and will get right back to you. Or bring to Animal Emergency Hospital in Selden.
This week’s cover goes to Robin LaCicero with a beautiful Osprey family.
Also check out some more great videos from Natalie Ann and Greg Law on page 9.